Pages

Monday, March 8, 2021

Writing Tuna (Eels)

 Over the last couple of weeks we have been researching information about Tuna (eels). We have been learning to write a report using the information we have found.
Our challenges were to include a complex sentence and to use a hyphen followed by a list.


The longfin eels live around new Zealand and you can find them in dark waterways.

They use their sense of smell hunt its prey in a flash - swift mucky and dangerous.

They can live up to 100 year old and can grow up to two metres long and there are over 400 hundreds species of eels. Some species of eels travel up to 4,000 miles just to breed. 

 


3 comments:

  1. Dear Tama
    Awesome job your blog is very good and it has a lot of info

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Tama! you have included a number of facts and met the hyphen challenge. I love this sentence "They use their sense of smell hunt its prey in a flash - swift mucky and dangerous." I am looking forward to seeing you use this language feature in your next piece of non-fiction writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it Tama good job! you have a lot of fact like it a lot!

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post